If you have it in you, which makes you think that you can be an officer in Indian Armed Forces then, NDA (National Defence Academy), NA(Naval Academy) is your first and the best option to get entry into a prestigious institution. UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts examinations twice a year, NDA I and NDA II, to recruit the candidates for National Defence Academy. This article contains complete information regarding NDA I & II 2021, like notification date, application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and syllabus, admit card, answer key, exam result, selection process, etc then without further ado let’s begin.
NDA 2021: Notification Date, Application Form, Exam Dates
Exam Dates of NDA (I) 2021:
|Application form availability||30th Dec 2020|
|Last date to fill the form||19th Jan 2021|
|Admit card out||1 or 2 weeks before the exam|
|Exam date||18 Apr 2021|
|Result announcement||May 2021|
Exam Dates of NDA (II) 2021:
|Application form availability||9th June 2021|
|Last date to fill the form||29th June 2021|
|Admit card out||1 or 2 weeks before the exam|
|Exam date||5 Sept 2021|
|Result announcement||Oct 2021|
See Also: Tricky Questions Asked In SSB Interview
NDA (I & II) 2021 Application Form:
NDA application form comes twice a year but the process of filling both the forms, NDA (I) and NDA(II), is exactly the same. Following is the process:
- The online application form will be available from 9th Jan 2021 to 29th June 2021 for NDA-II, there is no offline mode to fill the application form
- The form will be available only on the official website
- Registration will be done in 2 parts
- Part-I will need your personal details, qualification, photo and signature upload, etc.
- Part-II will be completed only after the application fees is paid which can be done in either mode online or offline (via bank challan)
- The exam for NDA-II will be on 5 September 2021.
See Also: Cadet’s Life At NDA
NDA (I & II) 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
Following are the eligibility criteria to apply for NDA 2021 which includes nationality, educational qualification, age limits, physical and medical standards.
- Must be a citizen of India or can be a subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Person of Indian origin migrated from the following countries with the intention of settling in India permanently and the countries are Zambia, Zaire, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
- Tibetan refugee came to India before 1st Jan 1962
|Age Limit (NDA I 2021)||2nd July 2002 to 1st July 2005|
|Age Limit (NDA II 2021)||2nd Jan 2002 to 1st July 2005|
In NDA there are 3 wings, Army, Air Force, and Naval, and a candidate can get either of the wings, according to their Subjects chosen in 12th class.
- For Air Force and Naval wing included Technical Entry(10+2), a candidate must have studied Physics and Mathematics
- For the Army wing, you have to be 12th pass or equivalent exam from the CBSE, ISC, or any state board
- Candidates have to fulfill the physical and medical norms set by NDA and NA(Naval Academy)
- At the end of the selection procedure, every candidate must get through the medical test organized by Military Hospital which is the last stage of the selection test
NDA (I & II) 2021 Exam Pattern
Two papers (Paper-I and Paper-II) conducted in every sitting of the NDA exam Paper-I is Mathematics, which consists of Class 10th, 11th, and 12th. Paper-II is the General Ability Test which consists of general science and English. There is a 1 or 2-hour gap between Paper-I and Paper-II
|1||Mathematics||2 and 1/2 Hours||300|
|2||General Ability Test||2 and 1/2 Hours||600|
NDA (I & II) 2021 Exam Syllabus:
- As there are 2 papers in the NDA exam one in Mathematics and another is General Ability Test and the syllabus also divided accordingly
- Mathematics will consist of the questions taught in class 10th, 11th, and 12th mathematics like Differentiation, Integration, Statistics, Probability, Vector, Algebra, Trigonometry, etc
- General Ability Test test contains question from general science(10th level) and English
NDA (I & II) 2021 Admit Card:
- Necessary document to get the entry in the examination hall
- UPSE releases NDA 2021 Admit Card, 1 or 2 weeks before the exam date
- To download admit card, one must have to fill the required fields in Registration ID or Roll Number, Date of Birth, etc
NDA (I & II) 2021 Answer Key:
Answer key contains the correct answers regarding the question and one can calculate his/her marks. NDA Answer key 2021, usually gets released within one week after the examination.
- NDA Answer Key 2021 will get published within 1 week of the examination
- Answer key helps in getting the score of the candidate
- It provides answers to the questions asked in the examination
- Can also be changed if any answer is wrong
NDA (I & II) 2021 Result:
- The result of NDA I 2021 or NDA II 2021 will be declared within 1 month of the examination which can be seen on the official website of UPSE(upse.gov.in)
- The result will be declared online
- Selected candidates, whose name is in the shortlisted pdf list, will be called for SSB Interview
- Once, SSB is cleared then every candidate have to pass the medical test and then only the final result is declared
Complete NDA 2021 Selection Process:
- The complete selection procedure is divided into 2 parts
- First is, written examination, which is conducted twice a year
- After the written examination, those who have cleared, candidates are called for an interview.
- The second part is the SSB interview, which is a 5-day task including physical, psychological, and medical tests
- After the completion of SSB, document verification is done of every candidate and then a final merit list is produced which contains the selected candidates who are recommended for the National Defence Academy