Preference for government jobs over the private sector is a dominating trend these days as it offers a smooth and hassle-free career that comes with job security. That explains why government recruitment exams such as SSC CHSL never lose their popularity among job aspirants. Conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), the SSC CHSL is considered as one of the topmost exams in the country for recruitment to various posts like LDC/JSA, Postal/Sorting Assistant, and DEO.
If you are among the many candidates in India preparing for the SSC CHSL exam, here are some valuable details on eligibility criteria, the application process, selection procedure, posts preference, salary, and so on.
SSC CHSL 2021: Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for SSC CHSL Exam, you must have cleared your 12th Standard or equivalent examination. You should either be a citizen of India or be someone from Nepal or Bhutan. A Tibetan refugee who entered India before the 1st January 1962 to settle permanently is also eligible.
People of Indian origin who have migrated from some countries to settle permanently in India are eligible as well. These countries include Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, countries of East Africa, and Vietnam.
All eligible candidates other than current citizens of India should get an eligibility certificate. Your age should be in the range of 18 and 27 years as of 8th January.
However, reserved category candidates can avail of upper age relaxation.
SSC CHSL 2021: Selection Procedure (Tier 1, Tier 2 & Tier 3)
You should have cleared all the stages of the SSC CHSL selection process to be employed at your preferred post.
The tier one SSC CHSL exam is a written test that consists of objective type questions. It contains four sections, namely Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, General Intelligence, and English Language. Each section carries 50 marks. The test is for 200 marks and will be 75 minutes duration.
For tier two, you will have to have to take a descriptive test offline. The exam consists of two sections, namely Letter/Application and Essay Writing. Each section carries 50 marks. You should score at least 33 out of 100 to qualify.
In tier three, those applying for Data Entry Operator and Postal/Sorting Assistant should take pass a typing test /skill test. In the typing test, the candidate should type 35 words per minute for English Medium and 30 words per minute for Hindi medium to qualify.
In the Skill Test for Data Entry Operator, candidates are required to enter 2000 – 2200 strokes on a computer at 8, 000 key depressions per hour to qualify.
How to fill SSC CHSL 2021 Application Form
As part of the application process, you will be required to make a payment using the online payment gateway link linked with the SSC CHSL 10+2 application form.
You can visit the official website of SSC www.ssc.nic.in to start your application form filling process. Following are the steps for completing your registration.
- Click on the URL for SSC CHSL online form.
- If you are new, register yourself by visiting the left corner and entering your name and date of birth on the given form.
- Click new registration and enter personal details, contact details, and basic details in the new window that opens.
- Present the generated code by clicking on the submit button.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature in the next window that appears.
- Click “Submit.”
- Enter your registration ID, password, and generated code at the right corner of your first page.
Steps for filling Post Preferences in SSC CHSL Form
- Log in to your SSC CHSL Form. You will be asked to enter preference details.
- Enter three exam center choices based on your priority.
- Set posts preferences from the given list as per your choice. (You can use the reset button in case you want to make any changes).
- Select your category. You will be exempted from fees paid if you are SC/ST, ex-serviceman, or a female from any religion.
- Enter qualification details and contact details.
- Select final submission if you are exempted from fee payment, else select partial submission.
- Pay the fee online using a debit card or credit card. You can also opt for paying your fees offline mode. But you will have to pay your fees through SBI only.
- Take a print out of the challan copies that appear and use it for paying your fees at any SBI bank.
In-Hand Salary for SSC CHSL 2021 Posts
For Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, the pay scale is Rs.5,200 – 20,200 and grade pay is Rs.2,400. For Data Entry Operator, pay scale is Rs.5,200 – 20,200 and grade pay is Rs.2,400 (Postcode D) and Rs.1,900 (Postcode E). For Lower Division Clerk, pay scale is Rs.5,200 – 20,200 and grade pay is Rs.1,900. And for Court Clerk, pay scale is Rs.5,200 – 20,200 and grade pay is Rs.1,900.
Also Check: SSC CPO SI/ASI In-Hand Salary 2021
Number of SSC CHSL Vacancies in 2021
On the whole, there are 4726 vacancies. Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to check the vacancies for Staff Selection Commission-Combined Higher Secondary Level (SSC CHSL) exam:
- Visit the official website of SSC (ssc.nic.in)
- Under the Candidate’s Corner tab, click on the Tentative Vacancy link
- Click on the CHSL tab
- Click on the link available for SSC CHSL vacancies
- Check and download the SSC CHSL vacancies PDF
SSC CHSL 2021 Exam Dates
- The exam for Tier I was conducted from 12-Apr-2021 to 27-Apr-2021.
- The exam for Tier II is to be notified later.
- The date for the Skill Test/Typing Test (Tier III) is yet to be announced.
How to Download SSC CHSL 2021 Admit Card
The SSC CHSL Admit Card can be downloaded from the regional websites of SSC. Following are the steps to download.
- Visit the regional SSC website.
- Click on the option, “Know your Roll No.”
- Enter Name, DOB, and Registration ID and note the Roll Number that is generated.
- Click on the “Download Admit card” option.
- Enter Roll number and generate Admit card.
- Take a printout of your Admit card.
Check Here SSC CHSL 2021 Answer Key
In the month of April, candidates for the Tier-I exam can download the SSC CHSL Answer Key from the official SSC website in PDF format by entering their Roll Number, Password, and DOB. Following are the steps to download the answer key.
- Log in to www.ssc.nic.in — the official website of SSC.
- On the Home Page, pick the option “ANSWER KEY.”
- Pick the name of your exam, i.e. SSC CHSL using the given links.
- Select your question paper based on the number of Tiers. Your answer key will show up.
- Hit download to save a copy of the answer key.
SSC CHSL 2021 Results and Cutoff
Following steps are to be followed to check the SSC CHSL 2021 Results and Tier 1 Cutoff :
- Results can be accessed using the official website of SSC, namely www.ssc.nic.in.
- Visit the official website of SSC, that is, ssc.nic.in
- In the latest news section, select the “SSC CHSL 2021 Tier 1 Results” option. Or, you can select the “Results” option in the top menu and select CHSL 2021.
- Download the PDF file of the list of selected candidates and check whether your name has been listed.
Check SSC CGL 2021 Tier 1 Results–Click Here
The closing Merit list for SSC CHSL is likely to be released in June 2019. Candidates can check whether they have been selected using the steps given above.