Have you ever been in the open rally or open Bharti before? if not, then let me tell you one thing that, half of your confidence will be lost just by looking at the crowd. I’m sure that you know how many candidates appear for the army open recruitment.
But from now onward, thanks to the prime minister’s effort of digital India, candidates will now be able to apply online for the Indian army. Isn’t great news! below are the important details about how to apply online and then register to join the Indian army login.
Before we move on, here are some basics that you should know about different trades in the army:-
- Soldier GD: Those candidates who will be selected as soldier GD will be dealing mostly with physical tasks.
- Soldier Technical: If you are recruited as a technical soldier then you need to be good at computer and other technical stuff, as this is what you will be doing in the army for the rest of your life.
- Soldier Clerk/SKT: Clerks has to work mostly with papers and documentation part.
- Soldier Nursing Assistant: You will be working in a medical department if you are recruited as a nursing assistant.
- Soldier tradesmen: You act as a support system that helps in the smooth functioning of the army.
Join Indian Army Registration 2021 – Indian Army Login Form
Believe it or not, but almost 20 to 35% of people in the open rally are disqualified on Bharti day, just because they do not have proper documents with them. The army is a government organization, therefore, proper and complete documents are mandatory. One can not participate in open Bharti unless he has all the required documents.
Undermentioned are the documents that you will need to have with you before the Indian army login.
- Matric certificate
- A valid and personal e-mail address (which will serve as your user ID)
- An active mobile number (to receive messages like OTP). Make sure the mobile no. is your personal.
- Domicile to enter details like state, district, tehsil/block, etc.
- A scanned passport size photo in jpg file format. The size of the photo should be between 10 Kb to 20 Kb.
- A scanned photo of your signature in jpg format. The size of this photo should be between 5 Kb to 10 Kb.
- Mark sheet of class 10th and higher classes (as per the need of the trade you want to apply).
- If you have an aadhaar card then keep it with you while applying.
Note: Please note that other documents will be required if you have special qualifications, like NCC ‘C’ certificate, etc. Keep reading for more details. And one more thing, candidates are selected on the basis of the final army merit list in case if you were wondering how are candidates selected.
If you have any queries regarding the documents then please let us know via comments.
Things to do before applying online
Make sure that you apply through a good speed internet connection. The slow internet connection can cause the application form to crash or incomplete registration, and once the form crashes then there is no way you can apply again with the same details. So, it is very important to use a high-speed internet connection, and avoid using a dial-up connection with mobile.
Don’t take the above instructions lightly, as we receive numerous comments from readers asking for help because they were not able to complete the online application process due to the above reasons.
Steps To Apply Online For Army Recruitment 2021
Download the following pdf file (each step is explained by photos) to get the proper idea on how to log in to the Indian army.
Following is the step by step process of online application.
- Visit the official website of the Indian Army which is www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- You will be asked to enter the captcha to continue to the website. Note: Sometimes it may happen that your captcha code will not be accepted, in such case candidates should not panic and wait a while, because it may be due to high traffic on their server or low internet speed.
- When you are on the homepage of the official website then look for the option ‘JCO/OR apply login‘(Indian army login). Click on the button (in green color).
- Since you are a new user, therefore, you will need to click on the ‘registration‘ button (present at the bottom left corner of the new page that will open). Note: make sure you remember your e-mail id, as it will be your user id and you will need it to log in later.
- Read all the instructions given on the new page and then click on the ‘continue‘ button.
- Fill in the personal details, contact details, educational details, and password requirements correctly. Then click the “save” button.
- After completing the above step, a one-time password (OTP) will be sent to your e-mail id. Open your e-mail id in a new tab and get that OTP. Insert the OPT in the official website and then click the “submit” button.
- You will be directed to the “check eligibility page”. Fill in all the details asked in that form and be very careful while filling this form, because it will show in which trade you can apply based on the information provided here. Note: Don’t forget to choose the “special category” option if you have any special certificate like a relation certificate, sports certificate, etc. The option will be at the bottom of all the details. After filling the form click on the “check eligibility” button.
- Again a new page will open with a list of rallies (of different trades) for which you can apply. Just click on the “apply” button next to the rally you want to apply for. Make sure that you choose the right Bharti, as you will not be able to undo it later.
- Once again, a page with detailed instructions will appear. Read it carefully and then click on the “Continue” button.
- The main application form will open with the following tabs: Instructions, personal information, communication details, details, and educational details. Fill in all the information correctly in each tab. When you are done then click on the “save & continue” button for each tab.Note: the information once filled in can not be changed by the user after submitting the form, therefore be very careful while filling the details in this form.
- After filling in all the details, the summary of your form will be displayed. Read all the details and cross-check them, if the details are correct, then click on the “submit now” button.
- After submitting the form successfully, you will see a pdf icon at the bottom right corner, click on the “download” button present below the pdf icon. This will download your application form on your system. You can take a printout of it for future reference.
So this is how you can register yourself for the Indian army Sepoy or soldier Bharti rally. If you have some doubts or queries, then please feel free to comment, we will try to respond as soon as possible.
Problems While Applying Online For Army
We have been getting tons of comments from our readers regarding various problems that they have encountered while applying online. Following are the common problems that users face while applying:-
Q: My application form crashed suddenly and now when I am applying again, it is showing the user already exists.
Ans: Firstly, do not try to register again. The site will not accept applications with matching details again, so it’s useless. The only solution for this problem is to contact your regional office or official army website and ask them for a solution. or you can ask them for a solution in the feedback form.
Q: I submitted the form successfully, but I am getting a blank page when I am logging in.
Ans: If your form was successfully submitted, then you can participate in the rally. The only problem is the admit card, which you can get from your regional army office.
Q: I want to make some corrections in form, how do I do it?
Ans: The only way to make any kind of correction in your application form (once submitted) is a feedback form. Go to the feedback section of the official army website and log in with your ID, then ask them to change your details by commenting. They will change the details in your application form for you.
Q: I forgot my User ID and password, what should I do now?
Ans: Your e-mail id (registered one) is your user ID. and if you have forgotten what it was, then go to the “forgot user id” link in the login/apply a form of the official website. enter your registered mobile no. and high school certificate no. Through this process, you can get your user id.
If you forgot the password, click on the “forgot password” link, and enter your e-mail id, date of birth, high school certificate no. and mobile no. (not mandatory). and you can set a new password through this process.
Physical Fitness Test Procedure
As you know that on the day of Bharti you will have to go through the PFT or physical fitness test. You will have to clear a 1.6 Km race, Pull-ups, balance, and 9 feet ditch.
Candidates will get marks out of 100 in Racing and pull-ups. Running will hold a maximum of 60 marks, and pull-ups will carry 40 marks:
In standard conditions, if you finish the race within 5 mins and 40 sec, then you will be placed in group-1 and will get 60 marks, and if you finish the race in 5 min 41 sec to 6 min 20 sec, then you will be placed in group 2 and will get 48 marks for it. After 6 min and 20 secs, you will be considered disqualified. Exceptions for hilly areas will be made accordingly.
# Pull Ups
Those who will be able to do 10 or more than 10 pull-ups will get 40 marks, doing 9 pull-ups will get you 33 marks, 8 will get 27 marks, 7 will get you 21 marks and 6 will give you 16 marks. Less than 6 will be marked as disqualified.
Candidates will have to qualify for the balance and 9 feet ditch, as no marks will be given for these two PFT.
Please note that the standards can be raised if the competition is high.
How to check the eligibility online?
Note: Please note that the online application process for an open rally will start before 45 to 60 days of the rally day. 2 weeks before the recruitment day the online application links will be closed, therefore candidates need to make sure they register themselves on time.
If you have any doubts about your eligibility i.e if there is an open Bharti and you are confused if you are eligible or not, then you can check it online. All you have to do is just click on the below-given button.
Then you will be directed to the new page, where you will be asked to enter some details like state, district, name, etc. just enter the correct information and then click on the ‘check eligibility‘ option, and you will know if you are eligible or not.
Eligibility criteria for Army soldier
Following are the criteria required to be eligible to apply for army soldier recruitment:
The applicant must be at least SSLC/ Matric/ 1oth class passed, with at least 45% marks in all subjects (in total) and 32% in each individual subject.
i.e if you had 5 subjects in class 10th then you should be passed with at least 45% overall, and you should have at least 32% in each subject.
Please note that if you have higher qualifications like class 12th passed or above, then the percentage will not matter.
The applicant must not be less than 17 ½ years old and, neither more than 21 years old in order to be eligible to apply for the Indian army.
As you may know, the physical eligibility for different states is different, therefore the army has divided the country into six regions:
Western Plains Region, Eastern Plains Region, Central Region, Southern Region, Western Himalayan Region, and Eastern Himalayan Region.
Based on these regions the physical standards are set accordingly.
|Region||Areas involved||minimum-height (cm)||minimum-weight (kg)|
|Western Himalaya||Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab Hills (Area South and West of the Inter-State Border between Himachal Pradesh and Punjab and North and East of Road Mukerian, Hoshiarpur, Garh Shankar, Ropar, and Chandigarh), Garhwal and Kumaon (Uttarakhand)||166||48|
|Eastern Himalaya||Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, and Hill Region of West Bengal (Gangtok, Darjeeling, and Kalimpong Districts)||160||48|
|Western Plains||Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Rajasthan, and Western Uttar Pradesh (Meerut and Agra Division)||170||48|
|Eastern Plains||Eastern Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand, and Orissa||169||50|
|Central Region||Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Dadar, Nagar Haveli, Daman, and Diu||168||50|
|Southern Region||Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Goa, and Puducherry||166||50|
So these are the physical eligibility criteria that are required, region wise.
Medical Eligibility Criteria For Soldier Or Sepoy
A candidate must be in the following medical conditions:
- The candidate must be in a good physique, and in good mental health.
- The chest of the candidates must be well developed and should increase at least 5 cm after expansion.
- The candidates should have a good/normal hearing capability with both ears, and the eyes should also be in fit condition. Following are the specified qualifications:
He should be able to read 6/6 in a distant vision chart with each eye. Colour vision should be CP – III (able to recognize white, red, and green signal colors correctly as shown by Martin’s Lantern at 1.5 meters).
- The candidates should have 14 dental points, i.e sufficient natural healthy gum, and teeth
- The candidate must not have any diseases like varicose, piles, etc.
- Also, the candidates must have 6/6 eyesight.
Other Important Documents For Indian Army Online Registration
Following is the detailed information about the documents that you should have while applying online.
- The applicant must have an original metric certificate. And the following details in the registration form should be filled as mentioned in the metric certificate:
candidate’s name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, metric certificate number.
- Mark sheet of class 10th and other higher classes/qualifications.
- Make sure you have a personal and valid e-mail ID, because all the important messages like OTP, admit card details and others will be sent to the registered e-mail address, therefore, make sure that you have it right.
- The applicant must also have a scanned passport size photo, and the size of the photo should be between 10kb to 20kb, and it should be in the jpeg format.
- Along with a passport size photo, the applicant should also have a scanned image of his signature in size between 5kb to 10kb, and in jpg format.
So, make sure that you carry the above-mentioned documents with you when you go for the online registration. For more information, you can visit the official website (the link is given above).
Other information about the online application
Like already mentioned that the initiative of online registration of army Bharti is due to the ‘digital Indian’ makeover, that India is getting. Of course, there are other factors too, but the main reason is the PM Mr.Narendra Modi’s movement of digital India.
And the news is that, after June 2016 phase II, the written exam of the army will be conducted online. This is great news as, now candidates would not have to wonder different places to give the written exam, and this will also save a lot of time.
And like already mentioned that the online application for any open rally of any state will open before 60 to 45 days of the Bharti day, and the links will be closed before 2 weeks of the Bharti day.
Indian Army Exam Pattern And Syllabus For Soldier GD
The written exam will be of objective type questions where you will have to choose one of the 4 options. The exam will be of 100 marks and the students will be given 1 hr to complete the paper.
The paper will be divided into 3 parts GK (general knowledge), maths, and General science. And for your information, let me tell you that the questions asked will be class 10th based.
30 percent of the questions will be based on GK, 30 percent will be based on maths, and the remaining 40 percent will be based on general science.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of a merit list for further training.
Here is the Indian army soldier GD syllabus:
For GK (general knowledge) questions will be asked from the following topics:-
Abbreviations: – National and International
Sports: – National and International
Awards and prizes: – National awards, Gallantry awards, Nobel prizes
History: – Important dates & battles in Indian and World History and Landmarks of Indian History, national movement.
Geography: – Solar System, Space exploration, The Earth, Principal Peaks, Deserts, Rivers, Lakes and famous Waterfalls, Geographical Tallest, Biggest, and Longest, etc.
Terminology: – Geographical terms, Economic terms, Astronomical terms, Legal terms, and Misc terms.
Other Topics:- UNO, Indian Armed Forces, Indian Towns, States, and UTs, Institutions and research stations, International space stations and festivals of India and world, Indian News Agencies and Dailies, Continents and Sub Continent, Inventions and Discoveries, Environment, The Constitution of India, Religious Communities and Principal Languages, National and International Days, International Organizations, Books and Authors, The world of plants and animals, Current Affairs and “Who’s Who”.
For General Science the questions will be asked from the following topics:
Human Body: – Food and nutrition, disease and prevention, vitamins, and their uses.
Physics: – General Physics(Related to day-to-day activities).
Chemistry: – General Chemistry(Related to day to day activities).
Biology: – General Biology(Related to day to day activities).
Medical Terms: – Name of diseases and terms used in medical science.
Scientific Terms: – Commonly used scientific terms in daily life also include Research Institutes in India.
For maths the questions related to the following topics will be asked in the written exam:
Arithmetic: – Unitary method, time, work and distance, simple interest, numbers, HCF, LCF, Decimal, fraction, square roots, percentage, average, ratio and proportion, partnership, profit, and loss.
Algebra: – Basic operations and factorization, HCF and LCM, quadratic equations.
Geometry: – Lines and angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, and parallelograms and circles.
Mensuration: – Area and perimeters of squares, rectangles, parallelograms and circles, volume and surface area of cube, cuboids, cone, cylinders, and sphere.
So this is the syllabus for army Sepoy, you can now do your preparations according to the syllabus.
How to join the Indian army?
This is one big question that troubles almost every youth who wish to join the Indian army. This is how you can join the Indian army, steps from starting to end.
- First of all, you will have to stay in touch with the different Rozgar/employment newspaper, official website, and, of course, 4ono.com to see if there are any open rallies or recruitment available in your state or not. We will update all the army recruitment related news on our homepage.
- If there is any recruitment any time near, the first thing you should do is, keep all your documents ready like your domicile and other important documents, because if you are lacking any documents then you can prepare it before the day of Bharti.
- Now when all your documents are ready, it’s time that you register yourself online for the recruitment by visiting the official website (steps are given above). Make sure you register yourself well before 2 weeks of open rally day.
- When registered successfully, then start your preparation for physical and written exams.
- Race is one of the key factors, and most people fail to qualify in the race. So I suggest that you start your preparations for running well before 1 or 2 months of the Bharti. Be on regular practice not only for running but for other physical tests too, like pull-ups and balance, etc.
- Of course, you will have to prepare for the written exam as well. Try to keep your basics clear of class 10th, because the questions asked will be 10th based. It would be great if you could practice the sample papers and previous years questions paper as they will give you an idea about the exam.
To make it easy for you, we have collected all the previous year sample papers for you, just click on the links given at the bottom.
- Be in the habit of reading newspapers daily to improve your GK skills.
- Make sure you stay medically fit, take medical inspections if needed. You do not want to be kicked out just because your ears were not clean, or due to some other stupid reason like this. So be in good medical condition.
- On the day of the rally, reach the Bharti ground well before time. I have seen guys going to the ground 10 to 12 hours before the actual time, the earlier you reach the better it is.
- keep your documents ready on the day of Bharti, you can arrange all your documents serial wise in a file or folder one night before the Bharti to make it easy for you on the Bharti day. And do not engage in any kind of unsocial activities like fighting and other such things on the ground.
So take care of these things, and try to give all your dedication and discipline, and if you really put your 100% then no one can stop you from joining the Indian army.
Hope this article was helpful for you.
You can leave your comments below if you have any complaints, queries, or doubts, we will be more than happy to answer.