Indian Army GD (General Duty) eligibility for female candidates: Age limit, Physical Fitness Test (Height, Chest, Weight), physical qualification (Race or Running, Long Jump, High Jump), Educational qualification, Medical fitness test (Gender, health, Pregnancy), & Written test via CEE.
If you are going to apply for army GD post in the Indian army then you should know the Eligibility criteria. Eligibility criteria such as physical qualification, measurements, educational qualification, etc.
The female candidates, girl or women who have applied for Indian army GD (General Duty) or Women Military Police, should also know the selection process. After registration via official website i.e., joinindianarmy.nic.in candidates receive the admit card for recruitment rally.
In this article, we will discuss in brief about Army female GD Qualification and Eligibility criteria and the selection process/recruitment process of the Indian army Female GD Bharti.
Indian Army Female GD Eligibility – Age Limit, Height, Chest, Weight
If the female candidates meet the eligibility and qualifications such as Age limit, Educational, Medical, & Physical qualification then only they will be able to get select for Women Military Force. Let’s discuss in brief about these qualifications.
Here is the official notification for GD eligibility for females and important notes on the selection process in the PDF format Indian Army GD Eligibility & Selection process For Female candidates.
1. Educational Qualifications of Army GD for Female
The minimum educational qualification is: A female candidate should have passed Matric or SSLC or 10th passed or any equivalent exam with recognized board. With 45% marks overall in the class 10th and minimum 33% marks in each subject of Class 10th/Matric.
2. Age Limit of Army GD for Female
The Age limit for female candidates in the Indian army GD is 17½ years to 21 years, as per the certificate. However, the age relaxation of 30 years of age will be given to the female candidates who are widows of defense personnel who have died in harness.
3. Nationality For Indian Army GD For Female Candidates
A female Candidate must be a citizen of India mean candidate should have the nationality of India i.e., Indian. And the candidate should also have the nationality certificate.
4. Marital Status For Women Military Police in the Indian Army
In order join Indian army as GD, a female candidate can either be married or unmarried under certain conditions mentioned below.
- Unmarried: A candidate must be an unmarried female. And the Unmarried certificate with photograph issued within the last six months.
- Married: Female candidates who are widowed, divorced or legally separated but they do not have any children. In this case, female candidates are also eligible for recruitment.
- Women who are widows of defence personnel (who have died in harness) and Also, such widows having children but not remarried will be eligible to apply for Army GD recruitment (Women Military Police).
5. Physical Qualification & Eligibility Criteria For Army GD For Female
For physical qualification, height, chest, & weight are the major measurements. The physical qualification for these measurements is as follows.
Height For Army GD For Female
- Height of the female candidate must be of 152 cms. However, there is a relaxation in height according to the category and region of the candidate.
- Candidates belonging to the regions mentioned below will have the 4cms of relaxation in height
- North East Regions: Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, and Assam.
Female Candidates who will be capable of chest expansion of 5 cms are eligible in the Indian Army GD recruitment rally.
There is no specific weight measurement. However, Weight should be according to the candidate’s height and age as per the Indian army medical standards.
Relaxation in Physical Standards
There is some relaxation in physical standards i.e., Height & Weight for particular categories mentioned in the table given below.
|Category||Height (in cm)||Weight (in cm)|
|Daughter of Servicemen (DOS)||2||2|
|Daughter of Ex-Servicemen (DOEX)|
|Daughter of War Widow (DOWW)|
|Daughter of Widow of Ex-Servicemen (DOW)|
|Adopted Daughter/Daughter-in-law of a War Widow, if she has daughter/legally adopted daughter of serving Soldier/Ex-Servicemen||2||2|
|Widows of Defence Personnel who have died in harness||2||2|
6. Medical Standards for Army GD for Female
- Candidate should undergo medical exam & physical test on their own, before joining the recruitment rally. And candidate should also check that they don’t have flat foot, poor vision, any deformities.
- Fitness : A candidate must be physically healthy and free from any disease.
- Gender : For Women Military Police (Army GD), the candidate should be female. Any candidate having masculine characteristics on the external physical exam will be rejected as UNFIT.
- Pregnancy : Candidate should not be pregnant. If any female candidate found pregnant, she will be marked as UNFIT or get rejected.
Indian Army Female GD Selection Process – Registration, Physical, Medical, & Written Test
Let’s know the selection process of the Indian army GD bharti for female in brief. The different stages in the selection process for Female GD in the Indian army is as follows:
- Registration & Form Filling
- Physical Measurement & Fitness Test
- Medical Test
- Written Exam (CEE)
- Document Verification
- Final Merit List
- Enrollment for army training centers
Female candidates who are interested or who have applied for army GD (Women military Police) should know the selection or recruitment process. Now let’s discuss these stages of the recruitment process in details.
Registration & Form Filling
Once the recruitment rally is declared by the Indian army via joinindianarmy.nic.in or ARO (Army recruitment office), the very first step is candidate’s online registration. In order to apply for any bharti rally or recruitment, the candidate must have the online registration on the official website (joinindianarmy.nic.in) within the given period.
See our article Indian army online registration to know the online registration process.
If the candidate is eligible for the post, then after the successful registration Admit Cards for the recruitment rally will be sent through registered e-mail. Candidate should download the Admit Card & print its hard copy. Candidate should not forget to take the Admit Card along with, in the recruitment rally. The Time (Date) & venue (Location) of the recruitment rally will be mentioned in the Admit Card.
Physical Measurement & Physical Fitness Test
The first stage of the selection process in the recruitment rally is PFT (Physical Measurement & Fitness Test). In the Measurement test, Height, Weight, Chest will be examined by the army recruiter. And next is the physical fitness test. The major tests of physical fitness test (PFT) are Running, Long Jump, & High Jump.
- 1.6 Km Run is the first and very important test in the physical test. candidate has to finish the running of 1.6 Km in the given time to qualify in the recruitment. The Time duration of 1.6 Km running is distributed group wise.
- Up to 7 Min 30 Sec – Group – I : Candidates of group I have to finish the race (run of 1.6 km) in less than 7 minutes and 30 seconds in order to qualify the race.
- Up to 8 Min – Group – II : Candidates of group II have to finish the run in less than 8 minutes in order to qualify the race.
- Extra Time for 1.6 Km Run in Hilly Terrain (Rally Site) : If the recruitment rally is located in the following height then extra time will be given in the race of 1.6 Km Run.
- Between 5000 Feet to 9000 Feet – Add 30 seconds in overall timings
- Between 9000 feet to 12000 Feet – Add 120 seconds in overall timings.
- In order to qualify the physical test, candidates need to qualify the long jump of 10 feet.
- To qualify this test, female candidates need to qualify the High jump of 3 feet.
Female candidates have to qualify the physical test (running, long, & high jump) in order to proceed for the next stage of the Army GD recruitment.
Medical Test (Medical Standards)
Another stage of the selection process of Army GD (female) is the Medical test. In the Indian army GD, there are some common and some different medical standards for female. Candidates should be in good physical & mental health condition. Candidate should be free from any disease & disability and capable of doing duty/work (Military task) in all situation (all weather and across all terrains).
- Fitness : A good fitness (Physical & Mental) is essential for the Indian army. Good physical fitness with good vision (eyes) clean and wax free ears, clean nose, etc.
- Gender : On external physical exam, If any candidate has the masculine characteristics, will be marked as UNFIT and rejected. Because this is the Army GD category (Women Military Police) for Female. And the candidates who have done gender reassignment surgery, they are not eligible for the Army GD female bharti.
- Pregnancy : Pregnant candidates will be disqualified. And candidates have to bring the medical certificate of No Pregnant Status from a Government Medical Doctor on reporting for the recruitment rally. And again a fresh medical certificate of NO pregnant status when reporting to the Training centre.
- Amenorrhoea or Menorrhagia : In the medical examination, all candidates should bring a medical certificate that they do not suffer from primary or secondary amenorrhoea or menorrhagia.
The UNFIT candidates will be referred to the MH (Military Hospital)/CH/BH for medical test & review. Candidates who are referred for medical review should present themselves to the Hospital within 14 days of referral and also report back to ARO (Army recruiting office) for the issue of Admit Card for Written Exam, in case the candidate declared as medically FIT.
It is advised for all the candidates from the Indian army that they should have done their medical exam in their own before coming for recruitment rally.
Written Test Via Common Entrance Exam (CEE)
This is the final stage of the selection process of Indian GD recruitment for Female. The candidates who will be medically fit or eligible, they will undergo the written exam through Common Entrance Examination.
After clearing the medical exam, the written exam will be conducted for the eligible candidates. The venue (location), Date and time of the written test will be informed at the recruitment rally site and also through the Admit Cards.
The written exam will be of 100 Marks and the minimum passing marks for the exam is 35 marks. Candidates having NCC ‘C’ certificate, will be waived off from the written exam i.e., they will not give the written exam.
Exam Pattern for the Written exam
For Indian Army GD for female, the Exam pattern is same as Sol GD. There will be four section/subjects in the written exam mentioned below.
- General Knowledge – 15 Questions (30 Marks)
- General Science – 15 Questions (20 Marks)
- Mathematics – 15 Questions (30 Marks)
- Logical Reasoning – 05 Questions (10 Marks)
Negative Marking in the Written Exam of Army GD for Female
- The Negative Marking Scheme would be applicable in the written exam (CEE) of Army GD for Female.
- 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer or 1 mark will be deducted for every two wrong answers.
The result of the written exam will be declared on the official website of army i.e., joinindianarmy.nic.in. That means no additional letter of the result will be sent to the candidate. So, this is the responsibility of the candidate to check the result and report to ARO for documentation (document & certificate verification).
Bonus Marks in the Written Exam (CEE)
For Bonus marks, there are particular categories in the written exam of Army GD for female (Women Military police). These particulars and categories are mentioned below in the table.
|Daughter of Servicement (DOS), Daughter of Ex-Servicemen (DoEX), Daughter of War Widow (DoWW), Daughter of Widow of Ex-Servicemen (DoW).||20 Marks|
|Widows of Defence Personnel who have died in harness||20 Marks|
|NCC Certificate Holders|
|NCC ‘A’ Certificate||5 Marks|
|NCC ‘B’ Certificate||10 Marks|
|NCC ‘C’ Certificate||Exempted from Written Exam|
- Only one bonus/relaxation mentioned above can be availed by the candidate
- Bonus marks will be applied on qualifying the Written exam
- Only one daughter of Service/Ex-Servicemen/War widow/widow of Ex-servicemen can avail the bonus marks in the written test. original certificates of abo
- Candidate should bring the original certificate of above-mentioned categories at the rally site to get the bonus marks.
Candidates while going to attend the recruitment rally are required to bring all the necessary documents and certificates in the original form with at least two attested photocopies of each document. The required documents are as follows:
- Admit Card
- Education Certificates
- Nativity/Domicile Certificate
- Class/Caste Certificate
- Religion Certificate
- School/College Character Certificate
- Character Certificate
- NCC Certificate
- Relationship Certificate
- Unmarried Certificate
- Married Certificate
- Single Bank A/C, PAN Card, & AADHAR Card
Tattoo Policies in the Indian army recruitment for Female
Indian army permits tattoo only in some cases. Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on the inner face of forearms. This means tattoos are permitted from inside of the elbow to the wrist and on the other (Opposite) side of palm/back side of the hand.
While permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body will not be acceptable and such candidates will be rejected from the further selection process in the Indian army.
So, these are the detailed and brief explanation of Indian army GD eligibility for female and selection process. If you have any doubt or have any question related to the selection process of eligibility then you can ask us on the comment section given below.